Skip to main content

More Microfiction Stories

 

The Biz: Wikimedia


The Dreaded Day: 

Today is the day that I have been dreading for the past month. I knew it was coming, but part of me hoped that it never would. I have been warned about the difficulty that lies ahead of me. I've been told about all the horror stories from those who have done this before me, but I must do what I must do. I am beginning to doubt myself. Am I even capable of doing this? Am I strong enough? My hands are shaking in fear as I pull out my pen and paper and write Organic Chemistry I at the top of my paper.

The Best Day!: 

It is finally time, Graduation day!


Author's Note:

I decided to write my two stories about the highs and lows of college. For the first story I wrote about my anxiety for my upcoming summer class, Organic Chemistry. I have heard so many things about ochem, but mostly how hard it is and how much it matters for medical school admissions. Then I decided to write about the most exciting and rewarding day of college that everyone looks forward to, graduation day! It is the one thing that keeps me going. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

  Comment Picture: Wikimedia Link to my Portfolio

Introduction to Me!

Hello! My name is Brooklynn and I am currently a Freshman, sophomore, and junior at OU. Beginning the summer before my junior year of high school I began taking concurrent classes at Northern Oklahoma college, in order to get some of my basic courses out of the way. By the time my senior year rolled around I was on track to actually receive my associates degree 20 days before my high school diploma. In March of 2020 my plans, as well as everyone else's, took a turn. The dreaded COVID took away both of the days I had worked so hard for. Although both of my graduations were taken away from me, I still finished the year and received my degree in Biology Pre-Med, I then went on to attended OU. Being that this year was my first year of college out of high school, I began as a "freshman",  starting with 60 credit hours classifying me as a junior, and changing my major to Psychology Pre-Med now puts me as a sophomore. All very confusing, I know! I have always been the type of pe

Microfiction Stories

End of the World: Pixabay Population Control: The year is 2070. The world's population is 12 billion and continues to grow. The United States government was overthrown only a few years prior and all of their secrets have been released. A cure for cancer had been found in the year 2011 only to kept away, But that wasn't the only population control plan found during the revolution. The United States had been poisoning us for years, causing the human lifespan to be drastically shorter than it could. Once all of these measures were stopped the death rate dropped drastically and the human lifespan increased by what is estimated to be 50 years. But now we are running out of room. The Sequel:  The scientist have estimated the world only has a few months left before it becomes completely unlivable. Fresh Water has become almost nonexistent and climate change has made growing crops impossible. China has found a way to send people to Mars. So now we must all fight to get on one of rocket