Skip to main content

Week 9 Story

Revised story @ My Portfolio
Dear Diary: Flickr

Dear Diary, 

High school sucks! And so do BOYS! I guess maybe I should backtrack and give more details so here it goes.

Me, Ambika, and Ambalika were getting ready for a night on the town like we normally do on a Saturday night. We listened to our favorite songs as we put on our makeup and danced around the room. I loved these moments with my sisters, especially now that I am a senior and will soon be leaving.

When we were all finished getting ready we climb into our car and headed to the biggest high school party of the year, Bhishma's Back to School Bash. Once we made it inside I spotted Salva. We had gone the whole summer apart because he was off at camp. This party was the perfect reunion.  We danced, we kissed, we laughed, and we had an amazing time. When 1 am rolled around it was Salva's curfew so he left the party while I stayed a little longer because my sisters were still enjoying the night with Vichitravirya, Bhishma's younger brother. 

Another hour passed and I was beginning to feel tired when suddenly, Bhishma approached me. Everyone knew Bhishma. He was the most popular guy in school and was known for the fact that he never had a girlfriend and never planned to. Totally not my type! But that's besides the point. "You seem tired and I don't think that our siblings will be settling anytime soon, do you want to come inside you can sleep in my bed and I will take the couch." he asked me.  I stupidly agreed. The next morning I woke and gathered my sisters and had almost made it out the door when Bhishma invited us to breakfast. Ambika and Ambalika pleated and I again, stupidly agreed. 

It wasn't until today at school that I began to realize why my choices were so stupid. The whole school was talking about how the "A- Sisters" stayed at Bhishma's. Bhishma had told the whole football game a huge story about what happened that night. Many falsehoods had began to spread by the time I made it to Salva's locker. He was mad, I could tell. He told me that he didn't want me anymore since another guy has had me. Like what kind of crap is that! I begged and pleaded for a chance to explain but he denied. He broke up with me just like that. I didn't even do anything wrong. 

I swear if it's the last thing I do I will make sure to end Bhishma's popularity! Screw him!!!


Author's Note: I used the story about Amba and dramatically changed it by putting into a modern day high school setting. I kept the names of the characters the same and the relationships between them. One of the main things I did change however were Bhishma's intentions with Amba so I could add more of a reason for revenge against him. 

Bibliography: Epified: Mahabharata Karmic Revolution

Comments

  1. Hi Brooklynn, I enjoyed reading your story! I liked the modern-day twist on the story between Bhishma and Amba! It made it a lot more relatable! I was able to picture the story completely in my head! The high school experience was an excellent choice to retell this story in! Overall a very good job and can’t wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brooklynn! Great Story! I actually really liked the high school setting for this story. I have often thought that some of these stories from the Mahabharata sound like they have a pretty high school level of maturity to them. Like- if people were to just talk to each other or trust each other things would just be so much easier!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

  Comment Picture: Wikimedia Link to my Portfolio

Introduction to Me!

Hello! My name is Brooklynn and I am currently a Freshman, sophomore, and junior at OU. Beginning the summer before my junior year of high school I began taking concurrent classes at Northern Oklahoma college, in order to get some of my basic courses out of the way. By the time my senior year rolled around I was on track to actually receive my associates degree 20 days before my high school diploma. In March of 2020 my plans, as well as everyone else's, took a turn. The dreaded COVID took away both of the days I had worked so hard for. Although both of my graduations were taken away from me, I still finished the year and received my degree in Biology Pre-Med, I then went on to attended OU. Being that this year was my first year of college out of high school, I began as a "freshman",  starting with 60 credit hours classifying me as a junior, and changing my major to Psychology Pre-Med now puts me as a sophomore. All very confusing, I know! I have always been the type of pe

Microfiction Stories

End of the World: Pixabay Population Control: The year is 2070. The world's population is 12 billion and continues to grow. The United States government was overthrown only a few years prior and all of their secrets have been released. A cure for cancer had been found in the year 2011 only to kept away, But that wasn't the only population control plan found during the revolution. The United States had been poisoning us for years, causing the human lifespan to be drastically shorter than it could. Once all of these measures were stopped the death rate dropped drastically and the human lifespan increased by what is estimated to be 50 years. But now we are running out of room. The Sequel:  The scientist have estimated the world only has a few months left before it becomes completely unlivable. Fresh Water has become almost nonexistent and climate change has made growing crops impossible. China has found a way to send people to Mars. So now we must all fight to get on one of rocket