Skip to main content

Week 2 Story: Nemo Horror Stories.


Nemo Horror Story

Almost everyone has seen "Finding Nemo" but very few people know the horrific story of what went down behind the scenes while filming. Today I am going to tell you all about how Gill really came to get his scar. 
The scene in which Marlin and Dory get into the Pelican's mouth and taken to the dentist office to find Nemo was not originally written into the script, it was created later on to replace a scene that, when first filmed, went terribly wrong. 
The original scene was actually filmed using a crane rather than a pelican. In the scene the crane was supposed to carry each fish one by one to the ocean to help them escape the tank and reunite Nemo with his father. Gil volunteers to go first, the crane first had to prove his loyalty by taking Gil to the ocean and back to the dentist, without eating him. 
It must also be noted that Gil was the only fish on set that did his own stunts. 
While filming the scene Chris the Crane took Gill to the ocean and back like planned but when it came time to begin the transfer of each fish, things took a turn. Chris the Crane didn't take Gill back to the ocean but instead took him away to eat him. Then one by one he took the fish (stunt doubles) away to eat them as well. When it came time to take "Bloat" (the pufferfish), Bloat had become suspicious and when he was in the mouth of the Crane he became aware that he was not being carried to the ocean like planned but rather somewhere to be eaten, so he puffed up inside the cranes mouth, poking him, and poisoning him to death. 
The crew later came to find out that Gill had survived the attack, but was left with a nasty scar. Leading them to change the scene entirely and hire a pelican to replace Chris.


Author Note: After reading The Cunning Crane and the Crab, I was reminded of the scene in Finding Nemo where the fish get inside the pelicans mouth to be taken somewhere they couldn't get on their own. I simply changed the the fish to match those within Finding Nemo, and because there was no crab in the tank I changed the crab into Bloat the pufferfish. I also left Gill alive to give a story for his scar.

Bibliography: "The Cunning Crane and the Crab" from The Giant Crab, and Other Tales from Old India by W. H. D. Rouse Web Link



Fish like Gil: Wikimedia


Comments

  1. Hi Brooklynn! Wow I really enjoyed reading your story! It was so creative and unique, plus I absolutely love Finding Nemo. I was easily intrigued and hooked. The story was very concise and easy to follow along. I also thought it was a cool take on how you made the story with them being actors on a film set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brooklynn!

    I really liked your take on the scene that took place in Finding Nemo. I never would have thought that is how Gil got his scar. I knew that Gil must have always gotten his scar by doing something adventurous. He has always seemed like the type of fish to do everything on his own. No wonder he has such a tough persona. I liked the way you made the story seem like they are on a film production stage. It gives the story a very cool vibe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

  Comment Picture: Wikimedia Link to my Portfolio

Introduction to Me!

Hello! My name is Brooklynn and I am currently a Freshman, sophomore, and junior at OU. Beginning the summer before my junior year of high school I began taking concurrent classes at Northern Oklahoma college, in order to get some of my basic courses out of the way. By the time my senior year rolled around I was on track to actually receive my associates degree 20 days before my high school diploma. In March of 2020 my plans, as well as everyone else's, took a turn. The dreaded COVID took away both of the days I had worked so hard for. Although both of my graduations were taken away from me, I still finished the year and received my degree in Biology Pre-Med, I then went on to attended OU. Being that this year was my first year of college out of high school, I began as a "freshman",  starting with 60 credit hours classifying me as a junior, and changing my major to Psychology Pre-Med now puts me as a sophomore. All very confusing, I know! I have always been the type of pe

Microfiction Stories

End of the World: Pixabay Population Control: The year is 2070. The world's population is 12 billion and continues to grow. The United States government was overthrown only a few years prior and all of their secrets have been released. A cure for cancer had been found in the year 2011 only to kept away, But that wasn't the only population control plan found during the revolution. The United States had been poisoning us for years, causing the human lifespan to be drastically shorter than it could. Once all of these measures were stopped the death rate dropped drastically and the human lifespan increased by what is estimated to be 50 years. But now we are running out of room. The Sequel:  The scientist have estimated the world only has a few months left before it becomes completely unlivable. Fresh Water has become almost nonexistent and climate change has made growing crops impossible. China has found a way to send people to Mars. So now we must all fight to get on one of rocket