Skip to main content

Storybook Favorites


 


Spongebob Squarepants: Pixy 

The Untold Stories of Spongebob: This was the first randomized storybook that popped up in my assignment and I knew from that first moment that this would be my very favorite out of all of them. The topic of this story book was a mixture between spongebob and his friends, and some mythology. Although I was not familiar with all the stories that this storybook was based off of I am very familiar with Spongebob, which made this storybook intriguing. I found the layout of this storybook to be very easy to navigate and was set up very well. One thing that stood out to me was the author's notes, these helped me better understand the connection between Spongebob's stories and the mythological stories. 

Voldemort's Reincarnation: When first looking through the storybooks for Indian Epics I found that many of the titles and stories were very unfamiliar to me, so when I found this storybook I was very excited. As a kid I always loved reading books so finding a storybook based on a series I know and love was perfect! I thought that the introduction did a great job of incorporating the Indian Epics together with Harry Potter, as well as making the topic of the story book clear, and this grabbed my attention and made me want to read all of the stories! 

Gossip Girl Ayodhya: After finding two storybooks that contained characters that I knew from previous tv shows/movies/books I realized that this was clearly the style of storybooks that I was most interested in. I really enjoyed reading this storybook because like the previous two storybooks it was familiar to me. I believe that the author of this storybook did an amazing job of pulling me in and used her source of inspiration very well to create a storybook with a modern "twist".


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

  Comment Picture: Wikimedia Link to my Portfolio

Introduction to Me!

Hello! My name is Brooklynn and I am currently a Freshman, sophomore, and junior at OU. Beginning the summer before my junior year of high school I began taking concurrent classes at Northern Oklahoma college, in order to get some of my basic courses out of the way. By the time my senior year rolled around I was on track to actually receive my associates degree 20 days before my high school diploma. In March of 2020 my plans, as well as everyone else's, took a turn. The dreaded COVID took away both of the days I had worked so hard for. Although both of my graduations were taken away from me, I still finished the year and received my degree in Biology Pre-Med, I then went on to attended OU. Being that this year was my first year of college out of high school, I began as a "freshman",  starting with 60 credit hours classifying me as a junior, and changing my major to Psychology Pre-Med now puts me as a sophomore. All very confusing, I know! I have always been the type of pe

Microfiction Stories

End of the World: Pixabay Population Control: The year is 2070. The world's population is 12 billion and continues to grow. The United States government was overthrown only a few years prior and all of their secrets have been released. A cure for cancer had been found in the year 2011 only to kept away, But that wasn't the only population control plan found during the revolution. The United States had been poisoning us for years, causing the human lifespan to be drastically shorter than it could. Once all of these measures were stopped the death rate dropped drastically and the human lifespan increased by what is estimated to be 50 years. But now we are running out of room. The Sequel:  The scientist have estimated the world only has a few months left before it becomes completely unlivable. Fresh Water has become almost nonexistent and climate change has made growing crops impossible. China has found a way to send people to Mars. So now we must all fight to get on one of rocket